SAFETY FIRST. ALWAYS.
LDD Construction take a pro-active, not reactive approach to Health & Safety
LDD Construction understands the importance of a positive and comprehensive approach to health and safety in modern construction. As standard procedures, plant and site practices evolve to meet the exacting standards demanded by professionals within the industry, it is essential that safety policies remain at the forefront of our minds throughout the project. We have a dedicated in-house team to implement our company policy and ensure the health and safety of our employees and anyone affected by our activities.
This is achieved by:
- Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Effective communication and consultation with employees regarding their responsibilities
- Inductions and regular toolbox talks
- 100% CSCS compliance (In-house CSCS test centre)
- Regular site visits by HSQE and Contracts Managers to review our policies and on-site practices
- Continual development through training – see below
- Maintaining our own machinery / plant in-house including PAT testing
- Accredited by various safety schemes (including but not limited to) CHAS, ROSPA, Constructionline
- Previously audited by main contractors with regard to Health & Safety
- Compliant with security and health and safety standards expected for Airside, Olympic, LUL and Government works
- Proactive approach to accident investigation
- In-house HAVS equipment database – 1,700 tools and their associated EAV & ELV limits
We educate our staff above and beyond requirements.
As part of our stringent Health & Safety policies and quality controls, LDDS ensures that all members of staff receive the necessary training to professionally execute all tasks within their remit. We encourage our staff to focus on their continual professional development, ensuring that each individual has the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and understanding of our specific activities and the construction industry as a whole.
Our training modules include:
- NVQ Level 2 – Drilling and Sawing (all modules)
- First Aid Training
- Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate
- CITB Demolition Operatives Safety Awareness
- Confined Space Training
- PASMA certification
- Brokk Operators License
- IPAF – Powered Access License
- Oxy/Acetylene Hand Cutting
- Gatwick / BAA Airside Pass
- London Underground Accreditation